Oh my goodness! Has it already been 4 months?!? Where did the months go? What did I do with them? Has anyone seen my hat?
What a crazy ride this has been. Thank you all who have been sending supportive emails and posts. They truly meant a lot and help me through some of the tough times lately. Don't think for a moment I wasn't at least trying to read everyone's blogs. Can you tell I fell behind a little?
We have had such an incredibly challenging time getting things done in our new Italian home! I will tell you all about the nitty-gritty details later on but here is a spoiler about how long it takes to get things done in bella Italia:
- Electricity - 2 weeks (my landlord knew a guy who knew a guy)
- Phone - 6 weeks (apparently he didn't know this guy)
- Internet - 7 weeks
- Washer/Dryer/Refrigerator - bought in March was told it would arrive in May and now they are saying June - 'nuff said (we have learned to like the coin laundry and line drying)
- Our Furniture and other belongings - we were told a month. It's been two - I'm losing hope...
Of course living abroad isn't all bad. As it happens (and you will find this absolutely hilarious) My landlord is the following:
- Cousin to a baker (yes folks, you read that correctly - a BAKER!) Fortune loves my blog :)
- A natural born farmer and grows many things in our 'Villa'
- two Cherry trees
- a lemon orchard (seriously there's like five or six trees - that's an orchard in my book!)
- several Apricot trees
- several Fig trees
- Grape vines like crazy (no self respecting Italian family would go without these)
- Orange trees
- Tomatoes out the wazoo
- and several items I only pretended to understand when I was being told in Italian (shh don't tell my landlords!)
- and finally is married to one of the best cooks I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing in action. She makes a MEAN pasta and does it so effortlessly you sit amazed while shoveling pasta in your mouth.
But I must go now this was a quick 'I'm back' to let all of my blogger friends know I survived the move, well, mostly anyhow. I have so much to talk about, show you, and experience so stick around folks - THE FUN IS JUST BEGINNING!!!!
You don't think I would let you go that easy did you? Here's a shot of some bread we stumbled across in the little town of Vietri off the Amalfi Coast:
...more about this place later...